Friday, November 14, 2008

If you can't say anything nice...


Several weeks ago, it became apparent that Brian and I are need to watch what we say around Molly. She is a verbal sponge, and at 13 months old does her darned best to repeat anything she hears.


For example, I once dropped something and exclaimed "CRAP!". Molly looked at me intently, deliberately dropped her bottle, and yelled "AP"... o_O


She is saying and/or signing over 30 words now. (words she repeats don't count - she'd try to say nahyvspsdh if I said it...) She will say two word sentences now "More _____" (Usually more strawberry). I am amazed every day by what she understands and is able to articulate...


Tuesday night, she was squalling in her high chair after dinner. As I was washing her off, I realized that she was repeating "Ba Ba Ba". I looked more carefully, and realized she was signing "Bath" as well. I took her out of her chair and she toddled into the bathroom while saying "ba ba ba". The fact that the baby knew she was dirty and wanted to be clean is funny. :-p The fact that she decided that on her own and was able to tell me is wonderful.






2 comments:

C.T. said...

Let us know when the sentences start to sound like "More Cowbell"...

TrueToddlerTales said...

We'll work on it...