Friday, January 29, 2010

Every little thing she does is magic

Two days ago, I was a pregnant mess.

I'd had a good OB appointment while Molly was at Mother's Day Out. However, being told that you are not showing any signs at all of being ready to have a baby is rather disheartening at 37+ weeks. Then, after being put down to "nap" Molly (though fully clothed) somehow managed to poop on the floor. And walk in it. After 30 minutes of cleaning 2 year old, clothes, and carpet, my afternoon was complete. My hysterical crying/yelling reaction ruled out any nap on Molly's part, so we sat in a chair and started to read some books.

It's crazy how the littlest things give you a good kick in the pants. After reading a couple of the usuals, Molly brought me a book about "lasts". (ie - the last time you rock your baby to sleep, the last time you tie their shoe...) After a couple pages, I was crying (again). That book should carry some kind of warning label on the cover.

It's so easy to forget to appreciate the little wonderful everyday things your toddler does. I sometimes forget how little she still is, even though she's able to do so many things now. The last couple days, I've been trying to take it easy and enjoy our last bit of Mommy and Molly time.

I love snuggling with her first thing in the morning. I love how she asks for "brestest". I love how she sings Jingle Bells, ABCs, and Signing Time songs constantly. I love how she can't get both feet of the floor when she tries to jump, and how she is so proud of herself every time she does a "flip" (somersault).

Things are going to change forever very very soon. She has no idea. I don't think I do either...

No comments: